Thursday, December 11, 2008

Poem

Here is a poem I wrote sometime in 2007 I think.. or was it 2006? I can't remember.. Anywho, check out the first chapter of my book in the post below this on.


My Winter Dream

In My Winter dream, I am a bright and beautiful Angel Snowman.

The Glitter on my wings shimmer in the bright night light from the winter
moon and stars.

The snow is like a big fluffy marshmallow shining in the moonlight.
I
fly high up into the cold night sky, over the tree’s, and over the mountain’s. I fly past the stars.

I look down at the ground and see children playing, laughing, and having fun. I smile a big snowman smile as I fly through the air. The children throw the marshmallow like snow at each other, hitting their red, green, and blue jackets.
I fly back to the ground and watch the children’s mom call them in, to sit by the warm fire and sip hot cocoa.

I fly back up into the air and fly over a frozen pond. Three ducks swim in a small hole cut in the ice.

An owl hoots in an evergreen tree nearby. In the same tree, a squirrel snacks on acorns that had been stored up just for this time of year.

I keep flying just above the trees looking at all the pretty winter things going on in the neighborhood.

I see in the distance the sun coming up over the mountains. Morning. It’s time for me to go back home.

I fly back to the spot I started out at. As soon as I go back to my position, Jimmy (the little boy that built me) comes out to make sure I haven’t melted.

Happy that I’m not melted, Jimmy smiles and goes to get his sled from the garage. I watch him go to the big hill that is behind me.

I watch as he sleds down the hill. Then I hear a voice calling my name. “Sarah. Sarah, wake-up.”

I open my eyes to see my mom leaning over my bed. I look around, and look at my hands. I’m not a snowman anymore. I’m Sarah. It was all a dream. It was all a Winter Dream.
My Winter Dream.

4 comments:

Misha said...

that's such a good poem!

Misha said...

oh, and i read ur story. it's really good! (chapter 1)

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful!

Sarah said...

Thanks :)

My Best Friend
Spice up your Twitter with some Twitter Backgrounds